Sunday, February 19, 2017

4 Ways to Practice Self-Care


Between classes, routines and responsibilities I sometimes forget to stop, take a deep breath and just live the moment. I'm constantly thinking about all the things that I have and want to do that I forget that I need time for myself. Lately I've been trying to fit some of my 'me time' in my calendar and it feels amazing when I do. Taking time for myself helps me to clear my mind and relax. Also, I find that I'm more productive and inspired after taking some time off. Today I wanted to share 5 ways to practice self-care. 


1. Have a spa day. Not everybody can go to a spa whenever they feel like it, so for the days when I feel like pampering myself I fill my bathtub with my favorite bath bombs and relax. I also like using face masks, I just tried the Lorea'l Face Mask and its amazing (I will be doing a review soon). 


2. Write. Whenever I feel like my head is going to explode because of all the ideas and worries that I have stored, I like to write everything down. This I do specially when I have a lot of things to do, I just write a list of all the things that I want to accomplish for the day and then broke each one into simple tasks. 


3. Disconnect. I was talking to my friend the other day and she was telling me that she always have this feeling of being overwhelmed all the time because of all the things that she needed to do (college, work, clubs, etc.) When she told me this I completely understood because that was me last year, but I learned something that has help me to calm the feeling of being overwhelmed. I learned how to disconnect. I will be writing a post dedicated to this topic, but the idea in general is to find a time of the day where you don't accept calls work or college related and you spent that time doing things that you love. It could be for one hour or fifteen minutes, but have that be your 'me time' and don't let anything interrupt. 


4. Breath. This one sounds the easiest, but for me is the hardest. Breath. Not just inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. Breath, feel the air going through your lungs, feel the air escaping your body and live the moment. Stop and be conscious of your surroundings. There is this quote that I like to answer whenever I practice conscious breathing, it says:
"Just watch this moment, without trying to change it all. What is happening? What do you feel? What do you see? What do you hear?"
 -Jon  Kabat-Zinn

-M 



7 comments:

  1. Such a great post... I think practicing self-care is SO important. It really helps when your feeling overwhelmed and stressed too

    Fatima x www.fatimawrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conscious deep breathing really helped me with my anxiety. It also helps me when I'm overwhelmed with pressure at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. This is my favorite breathing exercise when I'm feeling stressed.

      Delete
  3. Love you advice you give especially to breath and live in the moment sometime I feel like we are all worried about what is to come or what has happened in the past.

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a pamper night every Friday to relax and de-stress myself and I love to use a scrub and a face mask and relax! Makes such a difference in my body and mind.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.