Sunday, February 12, 2017

5 Habits of a Successful Student


Last semester I failed a class (you can read more about that here) and although I've come to terms with it (meaning that I don't feel ashamed about it), I promise myself that I will do my best to not let this happen again. I've always been curious about how straight A students study. Here are five habits of a successful student.  

1. They read the syllabus. The syllabus is something that I completely ignored in my freshman year of college. I just thought that I wouldn't need it, but I was wrong. In the syllabus you will find the date of the exams, office hours and the recommended readings. A successful student always reads the syllabus.  

2. They stay organized. They have a planner where they write down all the exam dates to make a study plan. The don't wait till the week after the test to start studying, they get organized and spread all the material that they need to learn throughout the semester effectively. 

3. They don't skip class.  Just don't do it. Lectures will help you to understand better and help you with examples or any other source that your professor might use. 


4. They look for resources and tools. When they don't understand something they look for help. The internet is filled with resources about every topic that you can think of. Here are some of my favorites: 

5. They know when to take a break. Its always important to know when to take breaks. Personally I like using the Pomodoro technique (study for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break). 

I hope this was helpful! If you have any other tip don't forget to share it in the comments. 

Don't forget to pin it!


-M


2 comments:

  1. I always use the specification/syllabus for my subjects as it lets me know exactly what the exam board requires from me, it's so much more efficient and effective than just revising things that you don't really need. Pretty good tips!
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. knowing when to take a break is KEY to success! will never forget that haha :) xo, sharon

    http://www.stylelullaby.com/fashion/style-oversized-chambray-shirt/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.